Read the article: Jazz Keyboardist With No Boundaries Lands in Maine
Jamie Saft announces performances in Maine, Europe, and New York
Jamie Saft joins Hamid Drake’s “Turya: Honoring Alice Coltrane” in October and November.
- October 14, 2022 Skopje, Macedonia
- October 16, 2022 Vilnius, Lithuania
- November 3, 2022 Berlin, Germany
- November 6, 2022 Tampere, Finland
- November 12, 2022 Guimaraes, Portugal
On October 28, Jamie Saft is the special guest for Casco Bay Tummlers, at Mayo Street Arts in Portland.
- Friday, October 28, 7:30 PM, 75-minutes with an intermission
- Tickets are available for $15 in advance, $18 at the door, and $22 for preferred seating (sliding scale available)
- Tickets https://www.tickettailor.com/events/mayostreetarts/734332/
Jamie Saft will join the fully improvised Ghost of Vroom NYC Residency at Union Pool in Brooklyn, on November 20.
- The Residency will feature Mike Doughty, his house band, and special guests; including Billy Martin, Michael Wilbur, and Jamie Saft.
- Tickets November 20, 2022 7pm
Jamie Saft Plays John Cage & Jerry Granelli (Veal 0018), released April 20, 2022
Jamie Saft Plays Cage and Granelli
Jamie Saft- piano | Listen
- Zion Raven Protector- Jerry Granelli
- Camellia Street- Jerry Granelli
- Ida- Jerry Granelli
- Now We Begin- Jerry Granelli
- Music Doesn’t Care- Jerry Granelli
- Jacquelina- Jerry Granelli
- Donny- Jerry Granelli
- The Phenomenal World- Jerry Granelli
- In a Landscape- John Cage
- Quest- John Cage
- A Room- John Cage
- Dream- John Cage
- Memories of Granelli Clouds- Jamie Saft
Tracks 1-8 & 13 recorded by Jamie Saft in Midcoast Maine
Tracks 9-12 recorded by Greg DiCrosta at Firehouse 12, New Haven, CT
Mixed and Mastered by Christian Castagno in Minca, Colombia
Produced by Jamie Saft and Christian Castagno
Art & Design by Steve Erdman/ Erdman Designs
Layout by Graham Schreiner
Cover Painting “Zion Raven Protector” by Jerry Granelli
Back Cover Painting “Music Doesn’t Care” by Jerry Granelli
Midcoast Maine Steinway tuned and prepared by Michael Lynam, R.P.T.
Firehouse 12 Steinway tuned and prepared by Robert Crowson, R.P.T. & Timothy Robinson
Special Thanks to Nick Lloyd, Ashley Redbone, J. Anthony Granelli and the Granelli family, Autumn Seguin, Burton Hatheway, Burvee Franz III, Christian Castagno, Colin MacKenzie, & Joe Morris
“An Ohm Boy and Key Command Production”
Granelli compositions written by Jerry Granelli and published by Alexis Music / SOCAN
Arranged by Jamie Saft
Cage compositions written by John Cage and published by Henmar Press, Inc.
“Memories of Granelli Clouds” written by Jamie Saft and published by Pain Management (ASCAP)
Hamid Drake’s A Tribute to Alice Coltrane, Festival Sons D’Hiver #31
Hamid Drake « A Tribute to Alice Coltrane » / création
Hamid Drake, batterie, percussions / Ndoho Ange, danse / Jamie Saft, piano, orgue Hammond / Pasquale Mirra, vibraphone / Joshua Abrams, contrebasse, guembri / Thomas de Pourquery, saxophone / Jan Bang, électronique
- 19 February – La Maison des Arts Créteil, Val-de-Marne FR
Newmarket, NH – The Jamie Saft Trio performance scheduled at The Stone Church Music Club for Friday, January 7, has been postponed due to an abundance of caution. JST will return to The Stone Church this Spring, for a special performance on the outdoor stage.